[LON-CAPA-users] avi files...?

Wed, 12 May 2004 08:53:49 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Ray,

> What's the best (i.e. most currently functional) way of including audio/video
> resources in LON-CAPA?  Does it handle .avi files?

At some level Lon-CAPA doesn't care what file you include in your
course.
So at some level we 'support' or at least don't prevent the inclusion
of any particular resource.

That said some resources we understand and try to make it easy to
handle.

Looks like currently you'll need to build a basic webpage to include
avi files right now. (You'll need to publish the avi and the html page
that describes/links it, and then include the html page in the course)

If it is a .mov file, just 'uploading' it in DOCS should work fine,
along with just publishing it and selecting it for inclusion in the
course.

And for 1.2 avi and mpg should also work the same, you should just be
able to upload it to DOCS and have it work fine, or just select it to
be in the course.

If you need this improved support for these filetypes let me know. It
is a fairly incuous change. (You need to change a config file and
restart the httpd server.)

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-4-3-