[LON-CAPA-users] best way to include image?

Ray Batchelor lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 12:10:21 -0700

Hi Mark,

> What kind of quality issues do you find?

Well, the sort that one often sees where pinkish colored (on screen) speckles
appear in areas near or on the edge of what should be clean images. These can
be quite subtle but still appear in the printout.

The same eps images are clean if I just open them directly with ghostview and
print them.

 Guy, had previously indicated that this might be due to using raster rather
than vector eps files.  I have not really explored that possibility, since I
currently am not sure what to use to make such a conversion.  Have you used
PStoedit at all?

Ray