[LON-CAPA-users] exams through LON-CAPA

Mon, 7 Jun 2004 15:56:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Nathan,

> >In Lon-CAPA 1.2, we will be supporting a new mode of using scantron
> >form exams.
>
> >Basically some people don't want to take the time to hand out 300
> >exams to indiviual students (I.e make sure Alice gets Alice's exam and
> >Bob gets Bob's exam.) So we have another mode, where we generate
> >different exam versions all of which have a 6-letter 'CODE' which
> >control the random numbers. The generating and grading of these is a
> >bit more complex and
>
> Let me see if I have this straight...as of right now LON-CAPA can generate
> the randomized exams, but each exam is associated with a specific student?
> In 1.2, each exam will be associated with a 6-letter 'CODE' instead of a
> specific student?

Close

in 1.2 you will be able to do both, print exams that are associated
with a specific student _and_ print exams that are associated with a
6-letter CODE.

In 1.3 I will make the length and type of CODE controllable so more
form types can be supported.

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-4-3-