[LON-CAPA-users] Change in problem code for 1.2

Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:51:16 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All,

There is 1 backward incompatible change to problem code for 1.2 that
will make printouts show tex in them and will require you to edit and
republish any affected problems.

It is an uncommon usage, but I am sure that someone is doing this.

You will be affected if you do all of the below:

1) used <randomlabel>
2) had different labels for printout than for web use
3) the labels for printout had tex commands in them
4) didn't use <display> in the <label>

Otherwise you will be unaffected

For those of you affected if you have something like:

<script type="loncapa/perl">
$lb=&web('','\bf{A}','<b>A</b>');
# I use &web here but &tex, &xmlparse, &prettyprint, &chemparse
# will also be troublesome
</script>
<randomlabel>
<label>$lb</label>
</randomlabel>

The

<label>$lb</label>

needs to change to

For the gurus:

If you want to do a search for matching files, this command can get
you a list of possible matches:

find /home/httpd/html/res/<your_domain> -name *.problem -exec egrep -q "&prettyprint|&tex|&web|&xmlparse" {} \; -a -exec grep -q randomlabel {} \; -print

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-3-9-