[LON-CAPA-users] bulk printing?

lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 06:51:48 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Yes - as course coordinator:

- select a problem in the sequence (assignment) of interest
- select PRT to print
- select "Resources from Assignment 1 for selected students"
    and "next"
- scroll down the page to the buttons to "bulk-select" students
- It looks like you may have to do a preliminary print to figure
   out the number of columns to skip (see bottom of page).
   Try it all first with just 2 students.
- select "next"

Don't do this at the last second - the processing under LON-CAPA is a lot
more compute-intensive. In this example I'm printing a double length
assignment (about 20 problems) and it's taking 20 seconds per student.

Also note that I am using version 1.1.99.3 - The general idea is the same
under 1.1.3, but I think several options have been added in the student
select page.

I understand the desire to print for continuity for the students in the
transition. One of the things we celebrated greatly was the pdf output for
the students. It was a great relief not having to print the assignments
for students!

Good luck on the startup! Keep the questions coming - there are a number
of us who have made the transition in the last couple years.

Later,
Mark