[LON-CAPA-users] PDF Resources?

Todd Ruskell lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:52:13 -0700

Hi all,

I have some PDF files that I routinely post for students to view.
Rather than have an identical copy of each of them appear for every
course, I'd like to upload and publish them as resources, which can then
be simply linked.

This *seems* ok for pdf files that I created directly from LaTeX, but
scanned files, compiled using the full Acrobat in Windows, seems to
cause my browser (Galeon 1.2.7) to do a complete shutdown and exit, when
I try to click on the resource in my construction space.  The same files
all work fine when I upload them via "docs".

The resources in question are located in
http://loncapa.mines.edu/res/csm/truskell/PHGN200/OldExams/
The *Soln.pdf files are the scanned ones, which don't work.  The other
two files seem fine.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Todd

--
Dr. Todd Ruskell
Lecturer, Department of Physics		Office: Meyer Hall 326