[LON-CAPA-users] Bulletin Boards

Todd Ruskell lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:03:05 -0700

Oh yeah, I guess I did know that.  Time to go back through those manuals
again.  I also now remember two reasons I haven't really liked
calendar.  One of which may be relatively easy to fix, the other maybe
not.

Use of the calendar actually requires a student to consciously hit the
"cldr" button.  If they don't, they may miss announcements, and an
announcements "page" of some sort strikes me as much better than always
sending out critical messages.  If students have several classes in
LON-CAPA, this is probably not much of an issue, but for now our
students typically have just one LON-CAPA course until we can get it out
of the Physics Department.

So, request #1 is: Can we somehow make a like to the calendar as part of
the course, so that it would show up when Navigating?  Then strange
people like me could make the calendar the first item students see when
they log in to my class.

Request #2 would be the ability to place linkable URLs in the
announcements that appear on the calendar.  I don't do this a lot, but
frequently enough.

Thanks for your time,

Todd