[LON-CAPA-users] Bulletin Boards

Todd Ruskell lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 15:31:36 -0700

Hi,

I'm looking for an easy way to allow several instructors to post
announcements for a class in a single forum.  I have thought of several
possible solutions, but each has some drawbacks.  Any other
help/suggestions would be appreciated.

It seems the easiest thing would be to set up a bulletin board.
However, I haven't found a place in course or resource parms to disallow
student posts to a bulletin board.  At least not without also
disallowing either chat or discussion on "problem" resources.  Maybe
I've missed something?

I could put up a "Simple Page", but Instructors can't change it.

I could create an html document in construction space, but that would
mean I would have to make all the instructors co-authors, which would
require quite a bit more training.

Is there anything I missed?

Thanks,

Todd

--
Dr. Todd Ruskell
Lecturer, Department of Physics		Office: Meyer Hall 326