[LON-CAPA-users] guest accounts advice

Ray Batchelor lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:21:53 -0800

Hi Felicia,
                Yes, cc role probably. But I was thinking about maybe a custom
role, because I don't really want such people to be able to create (enroll)
new users in the domain.  If you have any suggestions about how best to set
up such a role, let me know.  The important thing is to enable the new user
to readily see the power of the system without allowing them to mess it up.

The flip side would be to allow authoring but only private publication.  I
don't know if that is possible.  It seems to me that the ability to create
resources is as strong a selling point (stronger from my point of view) than
the ability to import.

Cheers,
Ray