[LON-CAPA-users] Problem printing HW problem set

Gerd Kortemeyer lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Sun, 22 Aug 2004 18:55:42 -0400

Hi Michael,

On Aug 22, 2004, at 6:11 PM, Michael Dubson wrote:

> We are having a problem with LON-CAPA printing problem sets.  We get
> as far as the "Printer Helper  Select Problems to Print" page.  But
> when we press the "next" button, nothing happens  -- no error message,
> no attempt to contact the lon-capa server, no activity of any kind.
> Also, on the same page, the "Select All Resources" and "Unselect all
> resources" buttons are inactive.

Odd. We usually use Mozilla as primary browser during development.

> We have tried this on 3 different WinXP machines, trying both Internet
> Explorer and Netscape Navigator, with the same unhappy results.  We
> also tried to print on a Mac (OS10) running Mozilla, and that also did
> not work.

I just printed a bunch of problems on Mozilla 1.6 (Mozilla/5.0
(Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040113),
using LON-CAPA 1.1.99.5. Also, the "Select" buttons worked.

Thinks to try:

* Open new window, type "javascript:" (return) - any messages there?
* Try printing another set
* After doing this, check out the last lines of
/home/httpd/perl/logs/lonnet.log
/etc/httpd/logs/error_log

- anything?

> HOWEVER, when we try it on a Mac (OS10) running Safari, then the
> procedure works OK.  We then get a printable pdf file.  But we cannot
> reproduce this happy result on any WinXP PC or on the same Mac running
> Mozilla.

Is that the same problem set?

- Gerd.