[LON-CAPA-users] Problem printing HW problem set

Michael Dubson lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Sun, 22 Aug 2004 16:11:33 -0600

Hi,

We implementing LON-CAPA for the first time this Fall at U.Colorado at Boulder.

We are having a problem with LON-CAPA printing problem sets.  We get as far
as the "Printer Helper  Select Problems to Print" page.  But when we press
the "next" button, nothing happens  -- no error message, no attempt to
contact the lon-capa server, no activity of any kind.  Also, on the same
page, the "Select All Resources" and "Unselect all resources" buttons are
inactive.

We have tried this on 3 different WinXP machines, trying both Internet
Explorer and Netscape Navigator, with the same unhappy results.  We also
tried to print on a Mac (OS10) running Mozilla, and that also did not work.

HOWEVER, when we try it on a Mac (OS10) running Safari, then the procedure
works OK.  We then get a printable pdf file.  But we cannot reproduce this
happy result on any WinXP PC or on the same Mac running Mozilla.

Is this a known issue?  Any advise would be appreciated.

-sincerely, Mike Dubson, U.Colorado at Boulder

Michael Dubson, Senior Instructor
Dept. of Physics
University of Colorado at Boulder
Boulder, CO 80309