[LON-CAPA-users] Physics DC Circuit Problems - CCLI

lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:54:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

	A group of us (FSU, OU, GWU) have created a set of problems
involving DC Circuits as part of a CCLI proposal for Physics (Course,
Curriculum and Laboratory Improvement, NSF). The goal of the proposed
work is to create a library of modules for introductory physics which are
designed with an eye towards the Physics Education Research. Each module
will consist of a series of problems of increasing difficulty and varying
'styles' or 'representations'. Under LON-CAPA these problems could be
used independently or as part of a sequence (sample sequences would be
included with the work).

	While we have not created this sequence yet, we have a
collection of individual problems available. They can be viewed
independent of LON-CAPA by going to loncapa.org and clicking on Physics
CCLI sample problems. They can be found within resource space under
ohiou/ccliphys/DCCircuits.

	We are really interested on any feedback you might have on these
problems and would love for you to take a look at them. Note that this
set is heavy on the ranking problems. While a number of the problems
look simplistic, they try to emphasize common concepts with which
students have difficulty, as noted by McDermott and company.

	Please send any feedback, additional ideas, etc... to Mark at
lucasm@ohio.edu

Thanks!
Mark Lucas
Gerald Feldman
Cornelius Bennhold
Hon-Kie Ng

Mark Lucas					email: lucasm@ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701