[LON-CAPA-users] Hidden problem parts

Steven Pollock lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 14:31:13 -0600

When creating a problem set with a published problem that has multiple
parts, we're struggling a bit with how to hide/eliminate certain parts.
Here are the difficulties we're having:

1) In PPRM for that problem, the parts usually come up with cryptic
names (part11_12), is there a quick or easy way to see which actual
problem part corresponds to which cryptic name?

2) In PPRM for that problem, it would *seem* that the way to get rid of
parts would be to select the "List of Hidden Parts" or perhaps
"Resource hidden from students" switches. (which one do we want?)

In some cases we've looked at, neither of those actually show up for
any parts except part 0! Is there a way around this?

Also, when they do show up, selecting it pops up a little menu which
needs a string value - but what string value is it looking for to hide
the part?

3) Is there an easier way to do all this?!

Thanks much, as always!!

Steve P.
--
Steven.Pollock@Colorado.EDU