[LON-CAPA-users] FW: ALERT_lon: udel1, RPMS to upgrade

Carmine C. Balascio lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 09:19:19 -0500

I've been getting RPM upgrade messages like this one for the last week or
so.  When I try CHECKRPMS --download, I get a similar message and nothing
downloads.  Is this anything that needs attention right now?

Carmine

Carmine C. Balascio, Ph.D., P.E.
Department of Bioresources Engineering
Townsend Hall Room 264
531 South College Avenue
Newark, Delaware 19716-2140

phone:  302-831-8872
    fax:  302-831-2469
email:  carmine@udel.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: www@zappa.ags.udel.edu [mailto:www@zappa.ags.udel.edu]
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 3:11 AM
To: carmine@UDel.Edu
Subject: ALERT_lon: udel1, RPMS to upgrade

THIS SCRIPT IS NOW PROBING SEVERAL FTP SERVERS....
PLEASE BE PATIENT, THIS MAY TAKE A FEW MINUTES.
Trying install.lon-capa.org...
...cannot find ftpmirror:loncapa@install.lon-capa.org on the network
Trying mirror.pa.msu.edu...
...cannot find mirror.pa.msu.edu on the network
Trying distro.ibiblio.org...
distro.ibiblio.org found...
perl /usr/local/loncapa/bin/check-rpms -nk  --rpmuser www -ftp
distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/redhat/updates/7.3/en/os
**** WARNING **** You need to update at least 10 RPMS shown in
the list below.  THIS IS IMPORTANT FOR SECURITY.

ncftpls: Could not change directory: server said: 7.3: No such file or
directory
ncftpls failed with status 5.
ncftpls: Could not change directory: server said: 7.3: No such file or
directory
ncftpls failed with status 5.
ncftpls: Could not change directory: server said: 7.3: No such file or
directory
ncftpls failed with status 5.
ncftpls: Could not change directory: server said: 7.3: No such file or
directory
ncftpls failed with status 5.
ncftpls: Could not change directory: server said: 7.3: No such file or
directory
ncftpls failed with status 5.

Please visit
ftp://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/redhat/updates/7.3/en/os
and download the RPMS you need.
For instructions on working with (and upgrading) RPMS, please
visit http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/.
To automatically download these RPMs to /tmp/loncapa_rpm_updates/,
run the CHECKRPMS command as "./CHECKRPMS --download"
CHECKRPMS should be located in /usr/local/loncapa/bin/.