[LON-CAPA-users] .page display formatting

Gerd Kortemeyer lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 14:37:57 -0500

Hi Todd,

On Monday, October 27, 2003, at 11:12  PM, Todd Ruskell wrote:

> I've recently started putting together some pages, and when the pages
> get
> viewed, there is a series of "remote-control" like buttons before each
> resource that the page accesses.  To some extent, I can see their
> value,
> but to me they really seem to clutter up the display of the page, which
> kind of defeats the purpose of combining things into a page.

The reason those are on the .page-resources was a concern by the
authors of the incorporated material that their efforts would be
unrecognized if the resource is hidden inside a .page. The initial
suggested remedy was to have the author name printed out. We were able
to tone that down to just a  CAT button, which is all that the students
are going to see.

>   Is there a
> way to build a page that doesn't have these buttons for the individual
> resources?  Is there a parameter somewhere that can be set?

Given the author concerns, the option would have to be with the author
rather than the user.

- Gerd.