[LON-CAPA-users] Numerical Input with no correct answer

Todd Ruskell lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:14:30 -0700

Hi,

I'm trying to put together a problem where a student enters a parameter
x, which was a value obtained in a lab, and then use that value to
calculate some function y(x).

My problem is I haven't yet come up with a way for *any* value of x to
be acceptable.  The best I've come up with is to let the answer be some
huge number with 100% tolerance.  Is there a better way to do this other
than with the numerical response code here?

<numericalresponse format="2E" unit="s" id="period1" answer="1e80">
<responseparam description="Numerical Tolerance" type="tolerance"
default="100%" name="tol" />

Thanks,

Todd

--
Dr. Todd Ruskell
Lecturer, Department of Physics		Office: Meyer Hall 326