[LON-CAPA-users] What makes FDBK bubble go away?

Lars Jensen lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 18:42:03 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Gerd Kortemeyer wrote:

> On Wednesday, October 15, 2003, at 05:28  PM, Lars Jensen wrote:
>
> > What exactly makes a FDBK-bubble on the NAV ppage go away? I suspect
> > that bubbles sometimes go away before I have a chance to see them...
> >
> > Could it be that a bubble in one course can go away because I enter
> > another course?
>
> Yes. Bubbles are for new discussion since you last left the course or
> logged out. We need to clean up bubbles quickly when having hundreds of
> students in a course.

Well, if you teach hundreds of courses, then it is not practical, that
if you login to one, then the bubbles in all the others go away... well,
I only teach 5 courses per semester, two of which are lon-capa
courses. Still I don't think this is a good feature.  I can see it makes
sense to remove bubbles after login to the same course, but not another
course. Could this possibly be corrected?

Lars.

--
Lars Jensen, TMCC/Vista B200, 7000 Dandini Blvd, Reno NV 89512-3999.
Internet: <jensen@physics.unr.edu>, http://www.scsr.nevada.edu/~jensen/