[LON-CAPA-users] republishing with major changes , a problem currently used in course

Michael T Hamlin lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 15:29:04 -0500 (EST)

we used a two-part problem in our course that confused some students,
and by its nature, only allowed a single try (it was an optionresponse)
on each part.
I rewrote the problem as a four-parter, the two new parts are
numerical and have multiple tries, the thought being if they can
get the numerical part, they should be able to do the optionresponse
part correctly in a single try.  The new parts were inserted into
positions 1 and 3.

Now we would LIKE to republish this four-part version of the problem
and add it to a NEW folder in the same course, to give the students
another shot at this problem.

My question is, what will happen to the records of students entries
on the existing version of the problem that has already been used?

michael