[LON-CAPA-users] How to UPDATE ???

Lars Jensen lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 29 May 2002 23:42:17 -0700

Scott Harrison wrote:>       Once UPDATE has finished, do I need to do anything
else?

> You will likely need to change your MySQL www@localhost password to
> be "localhostkey".

How do  I do this?

Also, after update completes I get a summary of the current configuration of the
machine -it looks like this:

1) Domain Name:
2) Machine Name:
3) System Administrator's E-mail Address:
4) Role:
5) Cache Expiration Time:
6) Server Load:
7) Everything is correct up above
ENTER A CHOICE OF 1-6 TO CHANGE, otherwise ENTER 7:

Why are all the parameters missing?
And how do I enter the info? Is this right?

1) Domain Name:  tmcc
2) Machine Name:  schubert.tmcc.edu
3) System Administrator's E-mail Address: jensen@physics.unr.edu
4) Role: library
5) Cache Expiration Time: ???????
6) Server Load: ??????
7) Everything is correct up above
ENTER A CHOICE OF 1-6 TO CHANGE, otherwise ENTER 7:

What about the last two fields?
Is it essential to fill in the above info?

> > A separate question is whether a new install CD is going to be available
> > at the upcoming meeting?
>
> Maybe, but loncapa.tar.gz is more important and useful than an installation CD
> IMHO.  The goal is to have UPDATE work on any RedHat system irrespective
> of the state of the filesystem.

This is probably right, but UPDATE does not update RPM's, does it? Having a CD
install/update
makes RPM update easier.

Thanks for your answers.

Lars.