[LON-CAPA-users] Production hosts list

Fri, 17 May 2002 14:55:44 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Mark,

> What is the current status of the production hosts table?

There is only one machine on the current list which I know to be
down. (And don;t know if will be coming up.)

There are many machines on that list that haven't updated to the
latest STABLE.

There are a few machines which have not been keeping themselves up to
date.

> When I search, the search is getting hung up on pmmol1 in germany
> (pmmol1 hitcount=still transferring),

pmmol1 is running a broken version of lonc/d and have yete to update
their machine to the latest STABLE.

I really wish they would update.

> Is everyone running the current production hosts.tab?

Unfortunately no.

> Are people commenting out machines? Or is this still fallout from
> the lonc/lond problems.

This is still fallout from lonc/d, I really wish everyone would intall
the latest STABLE.

> I'm just trying to get a feel for when to worry about various connections
> and whether it is having any affect on performance.

I expect that searching is right now the only thing that is badly
afftected by entire domains being down. You shouldn't notice any
problems if you have no roles or students in those domains.

(And if you were using resources from the down domains you would still
be okay since you would be running off a local copy.)

--
albertel@msu.edu        BM: n^20 t20 z20 qS
Guy Albertelli -7-8-6-  O-