[LON-CAPA-users] lon-capa-loncapaconfig RPM missing

Scott Harrison lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 20:30:13 -0400

Dear Travis:

1.
LON-CAPA-base and LON-CAPA-loncapaconfig
are both deprecated.  Do not install them.

2.
LON-CAPA-base is the "heart" of the software,
but this is currently installed with
CVS (not the *.rpm).  For CVS instructions,
please see http://install.lon-capa.org/docs/cvsupgrade/.

3.
"make rpmstatuspost" works okay.  The best solution
is Martin Siegert's "check-rpms"
(please see loncom/build/check-rpms).

4.
We are still stabilizing our RedHat 7.* distribution.
(Our volunteer software packaging maintainer has had an
unusually busy spring.)  I am happy to answer
any and all of your questions (perhaps off-list)
immediately through e-mail or by telephone.

Regards,
Scott

--
Scott Harrison -- Graduate Student