[LON-CAPA-dev] A line from the guts manual about roles

Jeremy Bowers lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 13:49:35 -0500

"When a user first logs in, their role is the 'common' role, which means
that they have the sum of all of their privileges. During a session it
might become necessary to choose a particular role, which as a
consequence also limits the user to only the privileges in that
particular role."

Is this still true? It doesn't make much sense to me as written; why
would anyone want to limit their privileges, and why would "limiting"
privileges be necessary to do something?

I don't know what this was getting at. It came from SessionOn1.html,
near the end.