[LON-CAPA-dev] No Meeting, Send Status Email

Jeremy Bowers lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:12:40 -0500

Guy Albertelli II wrote:

|Hi All,
|
|It seems that most people would be unable to make the meeting today so
|I guess I'll cancel it.
|
|I'd appreciate it if everyone instead sent me a quick status report
|for the last week.
|
|Otherwise see you next week.

I've nearly completed the print wizard for handing off to Alex. I've
decided against trying to feed his code data, as it's too complicated
for me to read through his own state code. He has agreed it is more
efficient for him to extract what he needs, and I'll leave it to him to
figure out what code of his he can take out after that. ;-) I also
helped Matthew start a chart wizard to replace or supplement the current
chart interface, which was going well but requires some more states,
plus a small change to the map selection code to allow the top-level map
to be selected. (Up to this point I've never had a need for the iterator
to include that.)

Fixing that up has taken most of my allotted time. I had a meeting with
Scott Pratt and came away with a lot of good ideas, which I hope to get
to, and should spend some time more carefully documenting for insertion
into Bugzilla. (I have notes but they would not be useful to others for
the most part.) Also, as a result of the user testing from the last
couple of people the Parameter wizard should be in its essentially final
state; wording and ordering has been changed and it should no longer
confuse people, as my first few iterations did in a few ways.

One interesting question is what else, other then open/due/answer date,
should be accessible via that wizard. Only very common operations should
be; it is not intended that all capabilities be exposed through that
interface.

As I email this I'm getting ready to knock down some small things, like
adding the new .tex files to the author's manual, and a few bug reports.
I will continue working on wizards and bug fixes this week; I expect to
finally finish the print wizard and knock down some bugs for the rest of
this week.

Note that next week is Spring break, so I may be too tired out from
frolicking in the sunshine and rolling around in the fresh, soft grass
to get any decent work done next week. Who can work when the birds are
chirping and the air smells like a commercial for fabric softener? Only
in the very unlikely event of continued cold weather will I be able to
put any quality work in. But surely a week named after spring won't be
that bad... ;-)