[LON-CAPA-dev] surveys and resources in general

Mark Lucas lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 11:12:55 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Matt Phillips and I were talking a bit more about the instructor rating
stuff. We're heading off to Hocking College this afternoon for a quick
Q/A session.
(quick summary: they want the Instructor to fill out a survey about the
Student that is archived at the end of the course)

In a more general sense this would just be a resource that an instructor
attaches to a course, but instead of the student filling it in, the
instructor fills it in.

An resource or map might be tagged as:
- writeable by user
- writeable by course coordinator
- writeable by either

Viewability by student can be handled by the standard open/close/answer
dates under parameters.

I know this has come up before in the context of being a different user.
This would eventually need to be streamlined a bit for the purpose of
these instructor evaluations of students (basically like handgrading an
assignment, but actually able to enter the values).

Is this a semi-reasonable way to look at the problem? Is this a reasonable
facility to have?

Thanks,
Mark
Mark Lucas					email: lucasm@ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701