[LON-CAPA-dev] Perl Module notes

Matthew Brian Hall lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 14:17:32 -0500 (EST)

Hey Scott,

> Any effort you can make to document specialized commands inside
> loncapa/loncom/build/system_dependencies/cpanbuild/*.commands files
> will be infinitely helpful.
Okay, I'll try to keep reasonably good notes and update as I go.

> Reminder (which you probably are already aware of):
> a new systemperl RPM will need to be built on a RH6.2 machine
> in order to be installable anywhere.
Believe me, I'm aware of it...

Last time I built the systemperl I just copied yours and went with it.  This
time....  Well, it's a pain to roll from scratch (every version of every
module, and all those dependencies too).

Matthew

Matthew Hall           LON-CAPA developer         hallmat3@msu.edu
123 North Kedzie Hall                    Michigan State University