[LON-CAPA-dev] Perl Module notes

Scott Harrison lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:38:51 -0500

Hi Matthew:

Note that an initial strategy I am working on is:
loncapa/modules/sharrison/autocpan/make_build_cpan_rpms.pl
loncapa/loncom/build/system_dependencies/cpanbuild/DISTNAME.commands.

Any effort you can make to document specialized commands inside
loncapa/loncom/build/system_dependencies/cpanbuild/*.commands files
will be infinitely helpful.

Obviously, standard things like
perl Makefile.PL; make && make test && make install
do not really need to be documented.

Reminder (which you probably are already aware of):
a new systemperl RPM will need to be built on a RH6.2 machine
in order to be installable anywhere.

Hopefully, by version 0.7.0, handling cpan modules on lon-capa
systems will be a little more plug-n-play.  I really regret
that I have not helped much with the 0.6.0 release and am
in awe of everyone's efforts.

Another request: if you can update cpan_distributions.txt with
any improvements to systemperl RPM, that might greatly help.

Regards,
Scott