[LON-CAPA-dev] New Perl module

Jeremy Bowers lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
10 Nov 2002 15:42:58 -0500

--=-hIVRLpxRZ6HABS9dSLyQ

On Thu, 2002-11-07 at 18:59, Scott Harrison wrote:
> Also, 3 months ago cpan_distributions.txt was 100% functionally up-to-dat=
e.
> Since then, I have heard a muttering about Apache::File?  This used
> to be part of the mod_perl RPM, I'm not sure about RH8 though.
> If there any details out there, let's make it up to date as opposed
> to grasping at amazingly focked conclusions (holds head and SCREAMS).

As the mutterer... don't get too excited until we have someone do a
clean install of RH8 + LON-CAPA. From what I hear, the nsdl gateway
machine was "messed up", unknown "how" messed up and in what ways, so I
wouldn't get too excited about this yet. So while Apache::File was
unable to be found by perl (not *necessarily* missing, just not found),
we don't know that there is a specific problem.

If there's a spare machine around, I'd be happy to do the RH8 + LON-CAPA
install sometime as a test, but I don't want to do it on my work machine
(or personal machine! ;-) ) until we're a bit more confident that I
wouldn't lose the devel machine for extended periods of time. I did get
some experience making LON-CAPA work on odd ("non-Red Hat")
architectures when I got it running (mostly; I've since noticed there's
something wrong with the CAPA interface, as trying to do any problems
crashes the server, which reminds me I should get that into Bugzilla so
it can be officially marked "WONTFIX" ;-) ) in Gentoo.

Perhaps a good post-freeze project.

--=-hIVRLpxRZ6HABS9dSLyQ

--=-hIVRLpxRZ6HABS9dSLyQ--