[LON-CAPA-dev] New Perl module

Matthew Brian Hall lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 14:29:40 -0500 (EST)

The next commit of lonspreadsheet.pm will use the Spreadsheet::WriteExcel
module.  You will need to install this module on your machine.

The suggested method of doing the install is to execute:

perl -MCPAN -e shell

If you have not run the CPAN module before you will need to configure it
interactively.  Most of the defaults are sane - the only place I could
not simply hit return was the selection of a repository.

Using the CPAN shell, issue the command:

install Spreadsheet::WriteExcel

This will fetch, build, test, and install the module for you.

Another method to use is to grab it yourself from CPAN (www.cpan.org)
and build, test, and install the module yourself.

Let me know if you have trouble with this operation.

Matthew

Matthew Hall           LON-CAPA developer         hallmat3@msu.edu
123 North Kedzie Hall                    Michigan State University