[LON-CAPA-dev] www owned files

Martin Siegert lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 18:39:48 -0700

Hi Scott,

I guess I am argueing with the wrong person ..., but anyway:

If they want to freely alter everything, that still may be ok, if they
had chosen an account other than www. This used to be the "nobody" account
because nobody was supposed to use it other than the web server.
Thus, why not create a "loncapa" account and chown everything to loncapa?
That would keep me happy ... and would be way more secure.
Choosing www is just the worst of all choices ... and a recipe for
desaster.

Cheers,
Martin