[LON-CAPA-dev] Apache handler question

Guy Albertelli lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 02 Oct 2002 16:03:38 -0400 (EDT)

Quoting Mark Lucas <lucas@lucas.phy.ohiou.edu>:

> I'm working with a new handler, but this handler is going to be accessible
> without authentication (is that allowed?).

Sure.

> I pull out the PerlAccessHandler line (which I thought did
> authentication),

It does multiple things

- Checks the Cookie
- loads the seeson envirnoment
- Checks if the user has access
- and is allowed to view it
- logs access
- fires up the login page if needed

And

- parses POST parameters into the $ENV{'form.*'} variables

> runs, but I never get the action passed.
>
> Any suggestions from the experts?

Modify lonacc, move lines 90 - 149 on lonacc.pm into loncommon.pm

Call it something like 'parse_post_form'

Have lonacc.pm call it, and add a call to it in your handler or

>  - is there a DIFFERENT access handler that I need? Or need to write?

make a simple access hangled that only calls to above new function

>    is the lack of a handler ripping off the form information or somehow
>    affecting the call to
> &Apache::loncoommon::get_unprocessed_cgi($ENV{'QUERY_STRING'});   ?

get_unprocessed_cgi

only handles parameters posted in the URL

I.E.
http://machine.com/adm/handler?myvalue=true&myothervalue=false

And it only will pull in calues that it is told to,

I.E, with the above URL and a call to
&Apache::loncoommon::get_unprocessed_cgi($ENV{'QUERY_STRING'},['myvalue']);

Will set $ENV{'form.myvalue'} but ignore the myothervalue

--
Guy Albertelli
guy@albertelli.com