[LON-CAPA-dev] Apache handler question

Mark Lucas lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 14:18:54 -0400 (EDT)

I'm working with a new handler, but this handler is going to be accessible
without authentication (is that allowed?).

This handler, lonloginhelp.pm, will provide a 'wizard' of sorts for
debugging access issues, and thus should be accesible without
authentication.

I created a handler that will give a default page, resubmit to itself
and give an action (via a hidden variable), and complain if the action is
not valid.

When I use the following configuration entry:

<Location /adm/loginhelp>
PerlAccessHandler       Apache::lonacc
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler Apache::lonloginhelp
ErrorDocument     500 /adm/errorhandler
</Location>

Everything works fine, but obviously I need authentication.

I pull out the PerlAccessHandler line (which I thought did
authentication), and now I also lose the form information. The handler
runs, but I never get the action passed.

Any suggestions from the experts?

 - is there a DIFFERENT access handler that I need? Or need to write?
   is the lack of a handler ripping off the form information or somehow
   affecting the call to
&Apache::loncommon::get_unprocessed_cgi($ENV{'QUERY_STRING'});   ?

				Thanks!!!!!
				    Mark

Mark Lucas					email: lucasm@ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701