[LON-CAPA-dev] RE: User interface feedback.

Scott Harrison lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 10:35:48 -0400

Dear All:

If it at all relates, I have been working on something I call "LON-CAPA-beads".

The idea is that admins/somebody can chain together
the different LON-CAPA interface screens like beads-on-a-string.

This potentially reduces the "dozens" of interface choices presented
to the user at each screen.  Thus everything becomes a brainless,
unidirectional flow. :|

This may/may not work, and this may be only part of the ELHS
instructor's suggested solutions.

For the technophobic (of which I consider myself a member),
a really cool goal would be to make LON-CAPA incontrovertibly
simple for those who want to "start out simple first" and
then dive into well-supported complexity.

Simplicity is still a secondary goal though....

Regards,
Scott