[LON-CAPA-dev] Round Robin

Mark Lucas lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:33:41 -0400 (EDT)

Hi-

	My predicament: I've finally gotten around to trying a roundrobin
with my two access servers through BIND. I've got capa7 and capa10.

	Here's the cute part - there seems to be two accesses to
loncapa.phy.ohiou.edu in the login process before it transitions over to
capa10 or capa7.

	What this means is that my round robin is dysfunctional unless two
students are logging in at the same time (ie., one is half way through the
process when the second comes on). Although a cute experiment in
statistics, it doesn't help me much.

	Is there anyone who can tell me off the bat whether the login
script can be modified to grab the actual machine name before submitting
the user name and password information? My assumption is that it is
pulling the name off the URL rather than the host machine. Can I tweak
this?

						Thanks,
						    Mark

Mark Lucas					email: lucasm@ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701