[LON-CAPA-dev] LON-CAPA and the 35 CPAN distributions

Jeremy Bowers lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 16:51:41 -0500

Guy Albertelli II wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>

> I just want to make sure that you remember that we need a special
> patched version of HTML-Parser, based on version 3.26

Low priority question: What does the patch to HTML-Parser do? It occurs
to me that I am almost certainly using a stock version of HTML-Parser
unless the build sneaks a patch process by me, so I'm curious what I
should expect to break. (Everything I've tried is working OK, but there
are chunks of the system I haven't used much yet on my home system, like
all the course stat stuff; no courses to speak of.) Or perhaps newer
versions work as the patch does?

(I observe that one side effect of getting LON-CAPA running on my Gentoo
system is that I'm running a quite different set of program versions
then traditional installs. Perl 5.6.1 for instance, instead of 5.005.)