[LON-CAPA-dev] mysql - my head spinning

Mark Lucas lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:42:54 -0400 (EDT)

Hi-

	I am upgrading oucapa2 - my production library server.
It is still running RH6.2. I'm have a number of old LON-CAPA packages
installed, etc....

	The latest problem seems to be that I don't have 'mysql'
installed. I do, but it is the old loncapa mysql package.

	I gather I need to pull over the standard mysql stuff.

	Let me ask the following question - how painless is it to tar
up the home directory, print out the pertinent configuration files (as per
suggestions in the faq), and start fresh with 7.3?

	If I restore things like the password files and home directories
before doing an upgrade, should I be in okay shape?

					Later,
					   Mark
Mark Lucas					email: lucasm@ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701