[LON-CAPA-dev] Single Apache Server

Guy Albertelli II lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 16 May 2002 23:26:17 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I noticed something in a bugreport and I thought I would pass this
helpful hint along:

/etc/init.d/httpd stop
/usr/sbin/httpd -X

If you do this Apache will only start up a single child.

This makes some debugging easier since you don't have to worry if you
are always getting the same child.

I also have learned that you can use the perl debugger against a
server running this way.

You need to add the below to a .conf file that Apache reads _BEFORE_
any other mod_perl directives (which in the new setup means in
httpd.conf right before the Include conf/loncapa_apache.conf)

PerlModule Apache::DB
<Perl>
  Apache::DB->init;
</Perl>