[LON-CAPA-dev] Plan: for user gains authorship without having public_html dir..

Ron Fox lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 23:50:04 -0400

I want to submit the following request for comments on my plan for
fixing the case where
a user is left without a public_html directory when they gain authorship
roles.  Note that after a while (some long while), all new accounts will
get public_html and therefore some of the fixes can be removed...they
will be copiously commented of course.
RF:
Plan for fixing this:
Requirements:
- New accounts:
   Get public html dir of appropriate ownership/type:
      o internal  - www:www 02775 sdrwxrwxr-x
      o local     - www:www 02775 sdrwxrwxr-x
      o kerb      - user:user 2775, and www -> user group.
      o unix (file) user:user 2775 and www -> user group.
- Change of auth type implies change of ownership to
     appropriate new owner.
- Addition of author role implies creation of this dir.
  if it does not already exist.

Plan:
   - new script lchtmldir path authtype - setuid script.
       - If does not exist, create ${path}/public_html
       - Set ownership according to $authtype parameter.
   - lcuseradd - remove public_html directory creation.
   - lond - call lchtmldir:
       o makeuser processing.
       o rolesput:  call lchtmldir if:
         - what key matches /$udom/_au (add author role)
       o changeuserauth: call lchtmldir to update permissions

If anyone is playing with lcuseradd, please let me know, as I'll be
modifying
that as well as my 'normal' domain of lonc/lond.