[LON-CAPA-dev] gnuplot and jpeg

Martin Siegert lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 15:43:07 -0700

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 04:38:53PM -0400, Gerd Kortemeyer wrote:
> Now, is Grace going to be hit by the same licensing problems that Gnuplot does, once
> it might get too popular? Basically, they are probably violating the same patents,
> only that for something currently as small as Grace nobody cares just yet.
>
> What is the support situation nd buggyness of Grace?

I have used grace (formerly xmgr) for years - it is well supported.
The RPMs that I built are recompiles from Mandrake src rpms.
I think "nobody" should be translated to RedHat - otherwise I don't see
a support problem.

grace generates JPEG, PNG, EPS, PNM, PDF (and a few more) output.

Cheers,
Martin