[LON-CAPA-dev] lonc:

Ron Fox lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 04 Apr 2002 23:10:58 -0500

I have comitted a new version of lonc.  This version features
significant changes to the main loop of the child server processes:
1. Care has been taken to properly deal with interrupted I/O calls due
to receipt of signals.
2. The select logic has been made 'purely' correct, rather than
empirically correct:
    A single select is done with no timeout simultaneously waiting for:
    - Connections from new proxy clients,
    - Data available on client links.
    - Writability on links to clients with pending data.

Still to fix:
    Inability to restart links which have exceeded maximum failure count
when SIGUSR1 is sent to the parent process.