[LON-CAPA-dev] webmin

Scott Harrison lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:53:34 -0500

Dear Felicia:

So, the user selects his/her role as "wb:Web-based System Management"
(which we refer to as webmin for short... and probably use some webmin
code--ideally use a )...

then what next?

Judging from the complexity of options, at some point we may want to
stay away from remote control-based browsing...

Though the remote control can be used as a launch point for common
tasks.  It could help to think of what these common tasks are...

RPM updating
Testing
Status Reports
Process handling
Unix user management
Cron job management
Printer configuration
Samba
NFS
Appletalk
Time synchronization
Disk usage monitoring

I'm not sure if I can come up with a total list (or veto things
like printer configuration) correctly.  Simpler the better of course....

Regards,
Scott