[LON-CAPA-dev] sysadm goals

Felicia Berryman lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 12:29:58 -0500

Hi Scott,

> *** HOW ***
> I WOULD SUGGEST that we either:
> * add a sysadm (or adm) button to
>   domain coordinator
> And/Or create a new user type called system administrator.

I like the new user type better.  For example, I can see myself, a
domain coordinator, also as a system administrator.  I don't think
domain coordinators for the physnet group want the risk of system
administrator though.  The physnet group does want multiple users to
have the ability to be a domain coordinator though.

> Alternatively, we can name the button "HANDHOLD"...
> ADM is an oblique name since everything is administration.

Don't take this personally Scott - I hate the name "HANDHOLD".  I can
add new printers to the printcap file AND I can use printtool.  I choose
printtool almost always.  I don't think of it as HANDHOLDing, just and
easier interface.  This is still a crappy name, but I think "GUI ADM" is
more along the lines.  In fact, a button on the remote control that says
"ADM" or "RPM" seems the most intuitive to me.

Felicia
--
Felicia Berryman
LON-CAPA Coordinator