[LON-CAPA-dev] lonparmset.pm

Robert McQueen lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 04:52:59 -0500

Gerd,

    I was mistaken in the last email.  Apparently the pscat[] notation does
work, but just not as I thought it would.  It acually creates a new
reference with the name pscat[] instead of pscat.  I was expecting it to
still use the pscat reference and allow multiple values to be passed to it
[like an array]. :P

     By allowing multiple params to be selected and having the part
selection be it's own option, the immediate task of allowing certain params
to be displayed for "all parts" should be equivalent to allowing certain
params to be displayed for a specific part.  The way I am attempting to do
this internally is by simpling concatenating the part specification to the
selected param(s).  If "all parts" is chosen then I will perhaps have a loop
go through and concatenate as if all parts offered in the list had actually
been chosen.  Yes, some re-working will need to be done, but that's to be
expected.  I'm thinking along the lines of replacing the scalar input
variables with arrays.

    Also, after I thought about it more, perhaps it would have been clearer
to originally describe the situation as receiving "multiple
values/selections for a given input."  But who has time for perfection?  ;)

Later,

Robert