[LON-CAPA-dev] lonparmset.pm

Robert McQueen lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 23:28:44 -0500

Gerd,

>From: Gerd Kortemeyer <korte@lite.msu.edu>
>To: lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
>Subject: Re: [LON-CAPA-dev] lonparmset.pm
>Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 21:00:31 -0500
>
>Robert,
>
>Gerd Kortemeyer wrote:
>
> > Robert McQueen wrote:
> >

> > >    By "multipe inputs" I mean in the HTML sense where you either have
> >
> > > <select name=pscat multiple>
> >
> > Your problems does not have anything to do with LON-CAPA in particular.
> >
> > Your fields will come in in a different form than before when you use
>"multiple"
> > - don't have the specs here at home, but to find out, you could simply
>print all
> > $ENV{'form.(something)}
> >
> > foreach $item (keys %ENV) {
> >    if ($item=~/^form/) { print $item.' - '.$ENV{$item}.'<br>'; }
> > }
> >
> > to see what you all get for different submissions. Then go from there.

I did that.  That's how I knew that the multiple selections were not being
sent to the module.  ;)

>Actually, we could have a problem if the parameters for something like
>pscat come in
>like
>
>pscat=duedate&pscat=answerdate&pscat=opendate

I don't mind having to deal with parsing issues.  However, my point is that
the above version of the pscat never gets read into the ENV hash.

>See http://www.webclass.ru/show.php3?tip=16 ... hmm ...

That's php-based.  We're dealing with Perl, right?  However, I tried using
the pscat[] notation and then the script received NO input whatsoever.  So
I'm confused.

>In that case only the last occurance of that name value pair would
>currently come over.

WHY? [That's my original question.] :)