[LON-CAPA-dev] Suggestions from conference

Helen Keefe lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 06 Feb 2002 10:51:59 -0500

Hi Felicia,
Thanks for the feedback.  I always appreciate your ideas :-)

I will include these with the notes Jeremy and I have taken.  Let me
know if you want copies.

Helen

Felicia Berryman wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I finally went over my notes from the conference.  Certain things might
> not be possible or warmly accepted requests.  I'm just delivering the
> notes.  Helen and Jeremy might want to review their notes and compare it
> to what I have below.
>
> System additions:
>
> - have forced foils in radio and option-responce
> - send email in LON-CAPA like CAPA
> - copy other people's problem code (somehow have the ability to tweak
> things to your likin')
> - version change notification
> - coordinate order of stats, chart, and spreadsheet
> - attendence in class (that's all I had written down)
> - put name, etc. on printout
> - something about "discussion time frame" versus "question time frame
> (crappy notes)
>
> Documentation/help:
>
> - lon-capa cdrom tutorial by video-taping, video taped workshop
> - lon-capa user's discussion page, FAQ-o-matic
>
> PR:
>
> - user's list, announce list, development list (done)
> - possibly divide lon-capa-users into lon-capa-physics, lon-capa-chem,
> etc. if traffic gets to large OR just have subject specific lists for
> content sharing.
> - put link to listserv on main webpage
> - lon-capa newsletter
> - one-page "hook" for lon-capa (on homepage?)  [Maybe include link with
> lon-capa testimonials about how system helped with course coordination?
> - my own suggestion]
>
> New Workshops:
>
> - week long content workshop, i.e. creating physics content on LON-CAPA.
>
> My Own Brainstorming:
>
> Next year's workshop could be about resource sharing and exploring
> resources.  For this to be possible, we will need to have the ability to
> preview sequences and have evaluation notes readable.
>
> Felicia
> --
> Felicia Berryman
> LON-CAPA Coordinator
> Michigan State University
>   Email:  felicia@lon-capa.org
>   Phone:  (517)432-9866
> http://www.lon-capa.org

Helen Keefe
LON-CAPA/ ITR Project Manager
Laboratory for Instructional Technology in Education
111 North Kedzie Labs
East Lansing, MI 48824

E-mail: helen@lon-capa.org
Web:   http://www.lite.msu.edu/