[LON-CAPA-dev] Suggestions from conference
Tue, 05 Feb 2002 18:09:29 -0500
I finally went over my notes from the conference. Certain things might
not be possible or warmly accepted requests. I'm just delivering the
notes. Helen and Jeremy might want to review their notes and compare it
to what I have below.
- have forced foils in radio and option-responce
- send email in LON-CAPA like CAPA
- copy other people's problem code (somehow have the ability to tweak
things to your likin')
- version change notification
- coordinate order of stats, chart, and spreadsheet
- attendence in class (that's all I had written down)
- put name, etc. on printout
- something about "discussion time frame" versus "question time frame
- lon-capa cdrom tutorial by video-taping, video taped workshop
- lon-capa user's discussion page, FAQ-o-matic
- user's list, announce list, development list (done)
- possibly divide lon-capa-users into lon-capa-physics, lon-capa-chem,
etc. if traffic gets to large OR just have subject specific lists for
- put link to listserv on main webpage
- lon-capa newsletter
- one-page "hook" for lon-capa (on homepage?) [Maybe include link with
lon-capa testimonials about how system helped with course coordination?
- my own suggestion]
- week long content workshop, i.e. creating physics content on LON-CAPA.
My Own Brainstorming:
Next year's workshop could be about resource sharing and exploring
resources. For this to be possible, we will need to have the ability to
preview sequences and have evaluation notes readable.
Michigan State University