[LON-CAPA-dev] Meeting Notes 03-30-2010
Tue, 06 Apr 2010 12:56:17 -0400
Meeting Notes: March 30th 2010.
General discussion on release dates to satisfy MSU timelines for
installation of new versions: 2.9.0 - April 11; 2.10.0 - July 1.
Felicia - Filed bug report: 6243 Student Submission Reports with
Excel format issues
- Some 2.9 Testing
Stefan - Continuing to eliminate Remote Control code
- Reminder of request for a monthly meeting involving
representative(s) from Ostfalia
A - Start to look at search (bachelor's thesis work).
- Investigated renewed funding from foundations who have supported
- exploring proposals to NSF, corporations
- Discussions about supplemental grant for existing GCI project
- Discussions about proposal for next generation Concept Inventory platform
- Updated LON-CAPA web site
- Grades interface clean-up
- Preliminary look at LON-CAPA data from courses in Brazil.
A - Proposal writing
- Check if entry already exists for specific IP for LON-CAPA port
before calling system command to add one to firewall settings; more
flexibility over use of multiple chain names
- Register "Course roster" (/adm/viewclasslist) if added to a course
via Course Editor.
- Eliminate double breadcrumbs for special documents (aboutme,
classlist, user/group accessible portfolios) registered in a course
- course breadcrumbs when displaying list of available group or user
portfolio files (aboutme/portfolio)
for items in course.
- Propagate register=1 when toggling between "Edit" and "Student"
views: aboutme, bulletinboard).
- More efficient code used when searchcat.pl updates allusers database table
- Fewer columns so display options fit within window, when RES browse
is a pop-up
- DCs can validate requests for official courses queued pending
instructor status validation (by institution), and can also manually
- Course default for PDF Forms fixed as "No" for all domains in 2.9
- Translations in de.pm updated for changes in portfolio.pm
A - remove "Slot icon" from Parameters menu (as it's now in the Main Menu).
- BT settings: wording change for grade in any section replaced with
any section not your own.
- 2.9 draft release notes
Mark - NARST meeting
- meetings about funding sources - looking for bigger projects with
- exploring new solicitations (NSF etc. e.g., EHR division)
John - Shibboleth installation
A - Continuing to work on Shibboleth implementation