[LON-CAPA-dev] Re: Porting Lon-CAPA to current debian/ubuntu

Sietse Achterop lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 30 Jun 2009 13:20:51 +0200

Stuart Raeburn wrote:

> Although I have yet to complete this for Debian 5 on i386, I expect
> you'll want to replace /home/httpd/lib/perl/tth.so after the install
> with tth.so.i386.fedora9 included in
> modules/TexConvert/tthperl/compiles, as that .so was built against perl
> 5.10 (which is the perl version on Debian lenny).

   Hello,

We are using Lenny, so does this mean that the exercise with the tth source is
not needed anymore?

> 4. For loncom/build/make install (run as root) you'll need to have
> created a www user.

The user associated with www in Debian is www-data.
Can that user be used for Debian/Ubuntu, or is a separate www needed?

  Regards,
    Sietse