[LON-CAPA-dev] LONCAPA-prerequisites: updated for perl-LaTeX-Table, PDF Forms

Stuart Raeburn lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 24 Apr 2009 13:23:33 -0400

Stefan,

Thanks for reporting this (and providing your solution to the list).

These perl modules are second-order dependencies for the
perl-LaTeX-Table rpm.  I am currently in the process of adding rpms
for these to the msu/testing repos for the various supported distros
on http://install.loncapa.org/.

Once this is complete, newer versions of perl-Class-MOP,
perl-MRO-Compat and perl-LaTeX-Table will be available which include
these dependencies.

I'll send an email with further information about this to the list,
once that task is complete, and also about the new
LONCAPA-prerequisites rev 1-14, which includes a dependency for the
statistical package "R", needed by the new daemon 'lonr', recently
added to loncontrol/loncron.

Given the time it takes to build rpms for all distros/architectures
and update the msu/testing repos, addition of new rpms may often not
occur until close to release of a new LON-CAPA release, when it is
fairly certain that a new feature,  with new dependencies will be
included in the release.

In the interim, if httpd fails to start because of a new perl module
dependency,  cpan is simple to use, and a good way for developers to
keep their systems up to date so they can work with bleeding edge
LON-CAPA. As you indicate, the Apache error log will report which
module(s) is/are needed in such cases.

The single command:

cpan Class::C3 Devel::GlobalDestruction Sub::Name Module::Pluggable

suffices in this case.

Stuart Raeburn
MSU LON-CAPA group