[LON-CAPA-dev] Re: CVS error message (check in/commit)

Stuart Raeburn lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 22 Oct 2008 14:11:13 -0400

Stefan,

This error message was being generated by cvs2rss.pl which is script
which modifies the LON-CAPA RSS file whenever a commit occurs.  A
character with an umlaut - ö - included in a Log message associated
with a commit on July 10th caused subsequent parsing of the existing
RSS file (loncapa.rss) by cvs2rss.pl to report this error when
subsequent commits caused the script to run.

The new CVS server uses a newer version of XML::RSS which should be
able to handle this situation in the future.  For now, commits to CVS
on the new server no longer generate the error message and cvs2rss.pl
is successfully adding to the new RSS file (cvs.rss).

Stuart Raeburn
MSU LON-CAPA group