[LON-CAPA-dev] Re: LON-CAPA prereq missing dependencies

Stuart Raeburn lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 15 Aug 2008 10:53:56 -0400

Felicia,

This issue affected Fedora 8 (32 bit).

I have built a new rpm for perl-RTF-HTMLConverter for that distro/arch
and replaced the existing rpms in both the repository used by
production servers
(http://install.loncapa.org/fedora/linux/loncapa/8/i386) and in the
testing repository used by development servers:
(http://install.loncapa.org/msu/testing/fedora/8/i386)

yum clean all

yum update

should update LONCAPA-prerequisites to 1-12 and install the
dependencies required for LON-CAPA 2.6.99.X and CVS HEAD.

This was unrelated to Stefan's issue on Centos5 with the perl-Error
dependency (for the perl-RTF-HTMLConverter package).

The original rpm for perl-RTF-HTMLConverter provided for Fedora8 (32
bit) was built on a 64 bit instance of Fedora 8 running in 32 bit mode
with a target set to i386. as I didn't have a Fedora 8 32 bit instance
available to me at that time.  Apparently dependencies on 64 bit
libraries were included in the resulting rpm - hence the unsatisfied
64 bit dependencies.

A solution would have been to get the src rpm from

http://install.loncapa.org/msu/testing/fedora/8/SRPMS/

build the rpm on the 32 bit Fedora 8 machine, then install.

Stuart Raeburn
MSU LON-CAPA group